Educators understand and apply knowledge of student growth and development.

Behavioural Interventionist

I have worked as a Behavioural Interventionist for many years now. Therefore, I have experience working with children who have been diagnosed with developmental disabilities and demonstrate complex behaviours. Many of the children I worked with were on the Autism Spectrum. I worked to implement the children’s behavioural plans and promoted their inclusivity amongst peers.

Canucks Autism Network

I have also worked with Canucks Autism Network where we provide one on one support to children through organized activities to enhance fine motor and gross motor skills. Throughout my professional and educational experiences, I learned how to work in a team environment with children, youth, families, and professionals from various cultures and socioeconomic statuses.

Daycare

I also have experience working in a daycare with children from the ages of 2-12. Through this experience I learned how important it is to develop a relationship with the children. Some of these children came from a tough home life but I made sure that they felt safe, loved, and valued at daycare. I will always remember this one boy who would act out often and my first instinct was to stop him. However, I realized that he acted out more with the negative attention. I made it my mission to connect with him on a personal level and give him responsibilities so that he felt valued. By the end, I had a great connection with him.

Volunteering

Additionally, I have volunteer experience at the Abbotsford Public Health Unit, as I worked with speech and language pathologists to create home programs for children. Seeing the impact these professionals have made in the lives of children has only reinforced my desire to work with children.

Tutoring

I am currently tutoring students from Grades K-12 in various subjects. This experience goes hand in hand with my teaching journey. Tutoring is an amazing way to connect with students one on one and it allows me to see the variations across different grade levels. I am also able to implement everything that I am learning to my students both at a smaller and larger scale. Tutoring allows me to try out different teaching styles and techniques as well.