My #oneword2020 was DETERMINATION. This word motivated me throughout my EDUC 491 practicum experience. It was with determination that I was able to succeed in my practicum. My practicum wasn’t easy by any means but I was confident in myself and confident in knowing that after this practicum I would become a certified teacher. My #oneword2020 will continue to resonate with me throughout my teaching journey because it is with determination that I am able to try new things in my classroom and get through tough days as a teacher. I used self-reflection constantly throughout my practicum experience. I would think about the things that went well and things I could change for next time. Self-reflection is truly the key to growing as an educator and being determined in this process is what helped me grow. I learned that I am a very strong individual and that I do not let little things bring me down. As an educator we face many challenges but we can’t take these difficult times to heart. We all have our good days and bad days. I noticed that I continued to stay positive throughout my practicum experience. I leaned on my triad group for support when I needed it. I also learned that certain things take time. For example, our classroom management skills develop each day but we can’t expect to know everything all at once. I learned that I needed to focus on building stronger relationships with certain students in order to have a calm classroom environment. With each student I had a different relationship. I will continue to use the word determination as a reflection piece because it helps me stay positive, strong, and motivated.