Today we had Tim Cavey from Surrey, B.C. video call into our class to discuss educational podcasts. Tim has his own podcast (Teachers on Fire) where he discusses the educational journey with teachers from K-12. The reason why he started a podcast was because it pushed him out of this comfort zone. Tim said “If I am not being challenged, I am not growing.” I definitely think having a growth mindset is important for all learners and educators. With a growth mindset, we do have to put ourselves in uncomfortable situations from time to time but with these uncomfortable situations we are able to continue to grow and learn. I personally do not listen to podcasts because I prefer to listen to music or read books in my free time but I think podcasts would be the perfect combination. Also, I have never really been introduced to any podcasts that I would be interested in. I think I need to step out of my comfort zone and try to listen to a few podcasts because I may find one that I really like. Since I am passionate about teaching, maybe I will start with Teachers on Fire! As an educator, podcasts are a great way to easily share learning with anyone across the world. Podcasts can also motivate and inspire other educators so that we continue to grow and learn.