Today we got a more in depth look into the reasoning behind E Portfolios. We had the pleasure of having Ian Landy, a principal from Powell River, Skype into our Ed Tech classroom. A portfolio is a way for educators to archive and share their learning while pushing themselves professionally. I think the best part about using a portfolio is that you can go back and reflect on your learning which helps motivate you as a person, educator, and a learner. I also learned that a portfolio is an effective way to keep track of a students journey; therefore, it could be used in exchange for report cards, which I believe is a fantastic idea. It it important to know the value of portfolios especially for someone who hasn’t been exposed to them previously. It was also nice to know that nobody is perfect at using portfolios right away as I am still learning and struggling with putting together my portfolio. I would love to learn more about incorporating a portfolio in a classroom instead of a report card. For example, would you use a different portfolio for each subject area or have a cross-curricular portfolio?